Marine Corps Combat Desert Jacket
In an effort to meet its ever changing environmental challenges, The Marine Corps has identified a need for a Combat Desert Jacket (CDJ) that will provide protection from the unique environmental nature of the desert.
The CDJ is a lightweight, wind resistant, water repellent jacket intended to provide multi-season environmental protection in desert environments. It provides protection against wind, blowing sand and light rain/snow, will have a minimal impact on the combat load and utilizes desert MARPAT printed fabrics that feature moisture management, odor reduction and breathability characteristics.
The CDJ has the following features:
- Five pockets with water resistant zipper closures-two chest, two lower front, and one upper sleeve.
- A rank tab on the left front chest.
- Collar has a stowed balaclava (hood).
- A light weight four-way stretch material in the underarm and upper back panels reduces bulk and provides mobility and ventilation.
- Sleeves have reinforced elbows, a rank tab, and adjustable wrist closures.
- The sleeves end in a monkey paw configuration that provides additional hand protection and insulation. (later eliminated.)
- TAMCN: C01372F
- X-Small 8415-01-541-9416
- Small 8415-01-541-9427
- Medium 8415-01-541-9430
- Large 8415-01-541-9432
- X-Large 8415-01-541-9436
- XX-Large 8415-01-541-9442
- Combat Woodland Jacket: woodland MARPAT version of CDJ
- M67854-05-R-3009 [zip]