Pile Field Cap
The M-1951 pile field cap may be worn for both cold-dry and cold-wet conditions. The cap provides the best protection against the elements for weather colder than 0°F.
- For normal use, wear earflaps on top of cap. To do this place left earflap through fabric loop on right earflap and aline eyelets. Insert left cord through both eyelets and tie.
- For maximum warmth, wear earflaps down. Lace cord through both eyelets on left earflap; insert left earflap through fabric loop on right earflap and tie.
- For wear with helmet, the earflaps must be down. Adjust headband of helmet liner to fit over the pile cap.
- The Pile Cap should not be laundered. Dry clean only.
- MIL-C-1913 revision B
- CAP, FIELD, PILE, M-51: 73-C-16210 through 73-C-16260 
- 7 1/2: 8405-268-8027
- FM 31-70. 1959. page 21.
- ↑ https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112119570098?urlappend=%3Bseq=35