The M-1951 winter hood is worn attached to the coat for protection against the wind and snow as a component of the cold-wet uniform.
- Unbutton shoulder loops of Jacket, button hood onto shoulder buttons and rebutton shoulder loops.
- Turn up collar and button up throat tab of Jacket on collar buttons.
- Fasten right flaps of hood to middle exposed button.
- Button left flap of hood over right flap of hood to same button.
- Button top button of hood, adjust the drawstring and tie.
- The hood should be worn under the steel helmet
- HOOD, JACKET, FIELD, M-1951