Extreme Cold Weather Hood with Fur Ruff
Description of Item
The hood is a button-in design, with drawcord adjusters, flannel lining, and a fur ruff. It is a one-piece covering for the head, face, and neck. It utilizes touch-and-close fasteners and can be worn over the steel helmet. A malleable wire inside the fur ruff may be shaped as desired for visibility or greater protection of the head and face.
- Attachment to Field Coat or M-65 Parka:
- Fasten skirt buttonholes to 4 button on inside of garment (only 2 on coat).
- Turn garment and fasten 2 storm curtain buttons to collar.
- Faten side storm curtain buttonholes to shoulder loop buttons on coat.
- Secure stud on skirt to socket on inside of garment.
- Secure loop to coat button. Not required for Parka.
- Attachment to (older type) M-51 Parka (with attached hood):
- Align storm curtain and skirt buttonholes and fasten to 4 inside parka buttons.
- Pull parka hood over insulating hood and secure crown buttons. Adjust parka hood drawstrings.
- This hood is large enough for wear over steel helmet. Parka hood is not. Omit step b. when wearing helmet.
- Use of hood (over bare head, cap, or helmet):
- Adjust hood drawstrings for comfort, securing keeper to maintain fit. adjust hood brim for maximum protection.
- Open front closure or remove hood from head for ventilation.
- Shake frost accumulation from fur frequency.
- Launder hood by hand, shake out water and air dry; or machine launder in accordance with Wool Method, Formula II, TM 10-280, except air dry.
- WARNING: DO NOT TUMBLE DRY.
- HOOD, WINTER, W/FUR RUFF, OG-107
- HOOD, WINTER, W/SYNTHETIC FUR RUFF, OG-107
- HOOD, EXTREME COLD WEATHER, W/SYNTHETIC FUR RUFF, OG-107