Extreme Cold Weather Mitten System
The Marine Corps has developed an Extreme Cold Weather Mitten System including a Mitten Shell with Removable Liner and Light Duty Flame Resistant Glove Insert, which will provide improved environmental protection over USMC's previous mitt, the insulated trigger finger mitt.
- The mitten system complies with Outdoor Research's Firebrand Mitten System, Product Number 71871, or equal.
- The mitten and liner is a system that can be worn over a light duty glove insert.
- The mitten shell is constructed from waterproof coyote colored nylon and has a water repellent leather palm.
- a Nylon Taslan/Gore-Tex 2 ply laminate, Gore-Tex part number WDKX389000B, or equal, with waterproof seams
- 1.75 - 2.25 ounce water resistant full grain, chrome tanned goatskin, or equal
- The mitten shell has an elasticized wrist, a long gauntlet that extends up the forearm with an adjustable cord and barrel lock.
- The black removable insulated liner is also water repellent.
- The liner attaches to the inside of the shell by hook and loop tabs, and has a no slip grip.
National Stock Numbers
- local TAMCN: VG003
- TAMCN: C01412F
- Small 8415-01-555-4165 [pdf]
- Medium 8415-01-555-4174
- Large 8415-01-555-4183
- X-Large 8415-01-555-4188
- Small 8415-01-555-4001
- Medium 8415-01-555-4016
- Large 8415-01-555-4031
- X-Large 8415-01-555-4038