Waterproofing Bag Insert
The purpose of the waterproofing bag insert/liner (WPI) is to keep clothing and equipment dry when the ILBE main/assault pack is exposed to prolonged rain or water submersion during field use.
- Water tight seal
- Purge valve to effectively reduce the packed volume of the bag
- Main Pack WPI
- Olive green exterior and interior
- 0.80 lbs.
- 3,600 cubic inch (volume of the ILBE main pack to spindrift collar)
- Assault Pack WPI
- Olive green exterior with a fluorescent orange interior, with the top three inches of the bag solid green to minimize visual signature
- 0.85 lbs.
- 1,500 cubic inches (volume of the ILBE assault pack)
- TAMCN: C5440
- Assault pack liner: 8465-01-560-6727
- Main pack liner: 8465-01-559-5404
- USMC pack system
- assault pack liner: 8465-01-613-1233 
- main pack liner: 8465-01-613-1251
- GL/PD 13-02, 9 Oct. 2013 and change letter, 7 Feb. 2014.
- WPI infopaper@PMICE 
- ↑ https://www.fbo.gov/spg/DLA/J3/DSCP-C/SPE1C1-16-R-0074/listing.html