Medium Combat Field Pack
The medium field pack is designed to carry up to 50 pounds of existence loads which include clothing, personal items and rations.
The field pack consists of a pouch with drawcord closure and three outer pockets. These pockets are tunneled to the pouch so that long objects can be carried between the pouch and each pocket. The pouch has a separate pocket to accommodate the AN/PRC-25 or 77 radio. Tiedown cords and D rings inside the pouch can be used to shorten the pack when it is not to be filled to capacity. The pouch flap has a pocket that can be opened by pulling two tabs apart. Small flat items can be carried in this pocket. Pressing flap sides together closes it. Hangers are also provided for carrying individual equipment and extra ammunition. The field pack is carried on the soldier's back by attaching to the pack frame or directly on the back after transfer of shoulder straps from the frame to the field pack.
Different-sized waterproof liners are available for the pouch and the outer pockets.
The pack is made of water repellent treated nylon duck and webbing, spacer fabric, and metal hardware. 
- FIELD PACK, COMBAT, NYLON, MEDIUM, LC-1
- FIELD PACK, COMBAT, NYLON, MEDIUM, LC-2
- LIN: H39835
- pack with liners: 8465-00-001-6480
- pack without liners: 8465-01-019-9102
- pack woodland camouflage pattern printed without liners: 8465-01-253-5335
- pouch flap assembly: 8465-01-248-0979
- pouch flap assembly, woodland: 8465-01-333-9772