Snow Camouflage Parka
The M-1950 snow camouflage parka is intended for wear as an outer garment to provide camouflage in snow areas. The parka is intended for camouflage only and is not a substitute for outer garment.
The parka is a roomy garment having hand openings with flaps, snap fastener front closure, elastic wrists, and drawcords at waist, hood and bottom.
The parka is fabricated essentially of permeable cotton oxford cloth conforming to Type I, class 1 of MIL-C-10859 (later replaced by cotton/nylon oxford cloth, quarpel treated, conforming to class 1 of MIL-C-3924).
Later model parka, conforming to MIL-P-0010809H(GL) and A-A-55317, has cord locks for the hood drawcord, one snap fastener at the base of the hood, a self-storage pouch with a tab attached to center back neck. The parka is made of a nylon filament, plain weave, lightweight cloth conforming to MIL-C-44431. The parka is compatible with ECWCS.
- MIL-P-10809, superseded by A-A-55317.
- PARKA, FIELD, OVERWHITE, M-1950
- TAMCN: V43202F
- IDN: 01672A
- PGC: 00367 
- Small: 8415-00-223-7625
- Medium: 8415-00-223-7628
- Large: 8415-00-223-7627
- X-Large: 8415-00-268-7980 [pdf]
- Marine Corps MCWCS Snow Camouflage Parka and Trousers
- Army 4-color snow camouflage parka, PGC: 00101, GL/PD 15-07
- Small Regular: 8415-01-673-1538
- Medium Regular: 8415-01-673-1543
- Medium Long: 8415-01-673-1544
- Large Regular: 8415-01-673-1545
- Large Long: 8415-01-673-1547
- X-Large Regular: 8415-01-673-1546
- TM 10-8400-201-23. 1970. Chapter 10.