Lightweight Load Carrying Equipment (M1967)
Components of the Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment are similar in design to components of the standard M1956 individual load-carrying equipment. Because nylon materials and aluminium hardware are lightweight, they are used where possible in lieu of cotton materials and brass or steel hardware. The nylon materials are water resistant, retain less moisture and dry faster.
- Individual Equipment Belt
- LP/P DES (Limited Production Purchase DEScription) 14-67, superseded by MIL-B-43723
- Medium: 8465-935-6815
- Large: 8465-935-6816
- Field Pack Suspenders
- LP/P DES 26-67, superseded by MIL-S-43730
- Small Arms Ammunition (M-16 20-Round Magazine) Case
- First Aid Dressing / Unmounted Magnetic Compass Case
- LP/P DES 17-67, superseded by MIL-C-43745
- Intrentching Tool Carrier
- intrenching tool:
- LP/P DES 21-69, superseded by MIL-I-43684
- Field Pack
- LP/P DES 27-67, superseded by MIL-F-43733
- Water Canteen Cover
- LP/P DES 15-67, superseded by MIL-C-43742
- Sleeping Equipment Carrier
- LP/P DES 18-67, superseded by MIL-C-43731
- TM 10-276. 1970. Chapter 4.
- TM 10-8400-201-23. 1970. Chapter 6.