Air Force Airsave Vest
The Air Force Airsave vest will serve as the mounting platform for the Joint Service Aircrew Mask (JSAM) tactical components using the Modular Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE) capability of the vests. Airsave also offers a variety of pockets and attachments suited for specific survival gear and in-cockpit components.
The vest shall have four (4) sewn-in inside expandable pockets. The vest shall be adjustable under each arm and in the back by reeving together overlapping vest panels. For additional adjustability, the Expansion Panel may be added to the vest's front.
- 1 each Vest
- 1 each Expansion Panel, 1 Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment MOLLE - Small
- 1 each Expansion Panel, 2 Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment MOLLE - Large
- 1 each Horizontal Mounting Panel
- 1 each General Pocket - Small
- 1 each General Pocket - Large
- 1 each Radio Pocket
- 1 each Helmet Mounted Integrated Targeting System (HMIT) Attachment
- 1 each Crew Regulator Unit / Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (CRU/JHMCS) bracket holder
The base cloth for the vest and Expansion Panels shall be raschel knit nylon mesh. The vest inner expandable pockets, pass-through openings, and modular removable pockets shall be fabricated with textured nylon duck cloths in accordance with MIL-DTL-32439 with a flame resistant treatment and a water repellent treatment. The color of the cloths shall match Coyote Tan 3758.