Aircrew Integrated Recovery Survival Armor Vest and Equipment
The A/P22P-18(V) Aircrew Integrated Recovery Survival Armor Vest and Equipment (AIRSAVE) provides the aircrew member with integrated survival item stowage, small arms threat protection, flotation device integration, and a Search and Rescue (SAR) lift hoist attachment capability. AIRSAVE replaces Navy/Marine Corps Aircrew Integrated Survival/Armor Protection (AISAP), the Army Aircrew Survival Armor Recovery Vest, Insert, and Packets (SARVIP) and the Air Force SRU-21/P.
Components required to assemble AIRSAVE are
- the Type I Survival Vest Assembly (CMU-33A/P22P-18(V)),
- Soft Body Armor Assembly (PRU-60/P22P-15 or PRU-60A/P22P-15),
- Hard Body Armor Assembly (PRU-61/P22P-15 or PRU-61A/P22P-15),
- and individual external storage pockets.
- TM 1-1680-361-10: Operator's Manual for Aircrew Integrated Recovery Survival Armor Vest and Equipment (AIRSAVE)
- NTTP 3-50.1: Navy Search and Rescue (SAR) Manual. Chapter 8.