Cotton Field Cap
The M-1951 cotton field cap is a visor style with a circular top crown and retractable earlaps, and is a lightweight windproof item incorporating a very thin layer of insulation only in the earlaps. It was designed for ground troop wear in a range of cold-wet to hot environments. 
The cap is made of an olive green shade 107 wind resistant cotton poplin cloth. The earlap lining is made of wool/cotton flannel cloth.
- MIL-C-1911 revision B
- CAP, FIELD, COTTON, M-1951
- CAP, FIELD, COTTON, WIND RESISTANT POPLIN, M-1951
- Quartermaster stock number
- 73-C-16100 through 73-C-16125 
- Federal Stock Number
- 7: 8405-268-8011
- 7 1/4: 8405-268-8012
- Ridgeway cap (unofficial)
- Cold Weather Cap as a component of the cold-wet/cold-dry clothing system.
- The same basic design cap in woodland camouflage pattern was reintroduced for wear with the temperate weather battle dress uniform.