Marine Corps Cold Weather Wear Guidance
Wear guidance for cold weather clothing fielded by the Program Manager, Infantry Combat Equipment, Marine Corps Systems Command (PM ICE, MARCORSYSCOM).
Cold Weather Clothing Insulating Levels
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
Cold Weather Accessories
- Temperate Weather Boot: down to 26°F when worn with merino wool socks
- Extreme Cold Weather Vapor Barrier Boot
- Other Jackets
- Enhanced Combat Helmet (ECH) Reversible Cover
- Snow Camouflage Parka, Trouser, and Pack Cover (Snow Over Whites)
- ECH Arctic Cover
Recommended Clothing Levels for Cold Weather Missions
|Category||Temperature Range (°F)||Clothing Level Recommendation|
|Wet Cold||+39 to +20||✓||*||*||+||✓|
|Dry Cold||+19 to -4||✓||✓||✓||*|
|Intense Cold||-5 to -25||✓||✓||*||✓||*|
|Extreme Cold||Below -25||*||✓||✓||*||✓|
- *: Clothing levels can be added and removed based on personal comfort and activity level.
- +: Use of camouflage utilities, particularly the MCCUU is not recommended during heavy or extended precipitation events. Recommend using Level 1 and 5 with an insulating layer, as needed, when heavy or extended precipitation is expected.