Marine Corps Intermediate Cold Weather Glove
The USMC Intermediate Cold Weather Glove is designed to be worn in cold weather environments to protect the user from the elements including snow, wind, and ice with a threshold temperature range from 40° to 0° Fahrenheit.
- The glove shall have a curved finger design and consist of the following:
- the outside shell shall be constructed from a water repellent stretch-woven 91% Nylon/9% Spandex blend and a water resistant leather palm. The shade shall be coyote 498.
- the glove shall have a waterproof breathable insert to stop moisture from being absorbed to the inside of the glove.
- the glove shall be insulated:
- the back of the hand/fingers shall have a siliconized lofted polyester insulation bonded to brushed tricot.
- the front of the hand/fingers (palm) lining shall be a nylon/polyester velour with a durable water repellent treatment and it shall be laminated to the waterproof insert.
- the gauntlet shall not be insulated, but shall be lined with a nylon ripstop. The shade shall be black.
- the linings shall be the inner most layers of the glove.
- the outside of the glove shall have a feature at the side seam that enables the gloves to be clipped together as a pair when not in use.
- the palm side of the glove shall be designed as follows:
- the front of the hand/fingers, as well as the fourchettes, shall be constructed from leather.
- The gauntlet shall extend past the wrist and be elasticized at the inner wrist to provide stretch to accommodate varying wrist widths and provide for a closer fit.
- a pull loop shall be attached at the hem of the gauntlet to provide ease of donning as well as provide a means to attach the glove to other clothing items or equipment.
- the back of the glove shall be designed as follows:
- the back hand shall be constructed from the stretch-woven nylon.
- an additional strip of leather shall be superimposed over the shell material at the knuckles to provide additional knuckle protection.
- the leather shall conform to the shape of the knuckles.
- a tab shall be attached at the inner side seam and be constructed from leather and loop tape, with its corresponding hook tape attached to the gauntlet. This hook and loop tape tab allows for an adjustable fit around the wrist at the bottom of the gauntlet.
- the glove shall have a label to identify the item, its size, and use and care instructions.
- Outdoor Research #70024
- TAMCN: V00252F
- IDN: 12552B
- Small: 8415-01-640-8191
- Medium: 8415-01-640-8192
- Large: 8415-01-640-8193
- X-Large: 8415-01-640-8194
- XX-Large: 8415-01-640-8195
- M67854-14-R-1028: https://sam.gov/opp/c565d584d3c7a17d3b036f310d4f5707/view
- M67854-14-D-1028: https://sam.gov/opp/ff5c80a90dd319f566c0e79598336132/view
- https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/or-convoy-sensor-gloves-usa-269119 (shorter cuff)
- PM ICE Product Information Sheet