Mountain Sleeping Bag
The M-1949 mountain sleeping bag is intended for use in locations where temperature ranges from 14 to 50°F.
The sleeping bag is made from a 3.9 ounce water repellent, cotton balloon cloth on both the outside and the inside, stitched alternately to a fabric diaphragm to form overlapping channels running the entire length of the bag. These channels are filled with waterfowl feathers and down. A front opening, free-running, slide fastener, approximately 70 inches in length and eyelets for lacing the sleeping bag case are provided. The sleeping bag has two 25-inch tie tapes, attached at the foot of the bag, which are inserted through the respective openings provided at the foot end of the water repellent case and are used for tying the rolled sleeping bag for carrying the storage purposes. A waterproof clothing bag is provided for protecting the sleeping bag when it is stored, carried or not in use. 
- MIL-B-830, redesignated as MIL-S-830.
- BAG, SLEEIPNG, MOUNTAIN, M-1949
- SLEEPING BAG, MOUNTAIN, M-1949
- Quartermaster stock number 
- Regular: 27-B-315-50
- Large: 27-B-315-45
- Large: 27-B-289-125 
- Federal stock number
- Regular: 8465-242-7855
- Large: 8465-242-7856
- Batting Type Filling Materials for Sleeping Bags. 1976. [pdf]
- The Recovery of Waterfowl Feathers and Down from Used Sleeping Bags. 1969. [pdf]
- ↑ TM 10-8400-201-23. 1970 with changes 1-7. Chapter 2.
- ↑ https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112119570098?urlappend=%3Bseq=18
- ↑ http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2289-sleeping-bags/